Saturday, February 11, 2017

RootsTech2017, Part 2 (Thursday)

(A link to my first post on RootsTech is here.)

On Thursday, I woke up super-early to get a tour of the (enormous) expo hall which was still slightly under construction.  There are hundreds of vendors, from the large genealogy companies to very small niche organizations.  You could seriously spend all week here and not leave.
Just a small part of the HUGE expo hall

We then went into the opening keynote--with the Property Brothers!  They talked about their family, their heritage, and a bit about their shows.
The Property Brothers at RootsTech
I did a quick talk at the GenealogyDOTCoach booth--but the highlight of my day (especially now that it's over with) was speaking.

But my big event of the day was giving a class about Jewish genealogy that was livestreamed--and you can watch it now here!
The evening opening ceremony was incredible.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir presented Rogers & Hammerstein tunes--including my favorite, Sound of Music.  What a way to cap off an exciting day!
RootsTech's opening concert

Note:  I'm on Twitter.  Follow me (@larasgenealogy).

Want to get future blog posts emailed to you automatically?
Enter your email address:

3 comments:

  1. Your presentation was sensational; I watched it from Atlanta and learned quite a lot. I have already requested photos on Findagrave for my relatives' headstones in several cemeteries in the Chicago area. I want to let you know about The Sentinel Magazine that highlighted the Jewish community in Chicago for years. You can access entire copies through the Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching and the Chicago research lead!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed hearing your talk and picking up some new tips, too. Yes, the opening night concert was wonderful --- great music, great performers.

    ReplyDelete