Sunday, August 18, 2019

Upcoming Week: FGS & JGSMD

The next week will be a busy but fun one.  I'm speaking three times during the FGS Conference in Washington, DC--a great location.  If you'll be there, come say hi!  I start off on Wednesday morning with an introduction to Jewish genealogy.  If you're not sure how to start researching your Jewish ancestry, this is the talk for you!

Then I have a day "off" on Thursday before speaking twice more on Friday.  The first talk is super-early (I'll be there with a large coffee, I'm sure) discussing endogamy--how it manifests itself and how you can still have success.  And then in the early afternoon I'll speak about how changing borders can impact the types of records available and where they are kept--and how there are many Eastern European record types that can help you to reconstruct a family.

Before I'm recovered from FGS, I'll be on a panel next Sunday (August 25) at the Jewish Genealogical Society of Maryland.  This "Ask the Experts" panel will try to point people in the right directions to solve their brick walls.  Come listen to some of the ideas--and maybe ask a question of your own!

You can now like my page on Facebook:


or .

Want to get future blog posts emailed to you automatically?
Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment