Saturday, November 2, 2019

Upcoming Talks - MD, DC Area, NY--And Online!

I'll be giving several more talks before the end of 2019, and I'd love if some blog readers attend!  I have upcoming talks in the Baltimore and DC areas, one in Westchester County (NY), and one that is an online webinar that you can watch from the comfort of your own home (and I won't be offended if you're in pajamas; I may be as well).
Me speaking in Toronto a few years ago

So here are the details.  And more upcoming talks, into 2020 can be seen here.

So next up is an online Webinar, which I'm doing with Nashy Predky on November 14 (coming up quickly!).  You need to register for this one (details here), and then you can attend from anywhere you have a computer and an internet connection!  I'm going to talk about how our ancestors often moved and why that's important--and why you may not want to get too fixated on the town from which your ancestors emigrated.  You'll see lots of cool records along the way.

I'll also be giving the same talk in two different Maryland locations--first in Baltimore on November 24 at the Jewish Genealogy Society of Maryland, and then on December 15 at the Jewish Genealogy Society of Greater Washington.  This is for all of you non-Russian speakers out there who have ancestors from the Russian Empire.  With so many non-indexed records online and more coming all the time, it's kind of intimidating to figure out how to find your family.  I'll help you figure out how to do just that.

And then something really cool and different.  On December 8, I'll be doing a joint program with Dr. Harry Ostrer (yes, he has his own page on Wikipedia), where we'll be talking about "Genes, Genealogy and Judaism" at Temple Shaarey Tefila in Bedford Corners (Westchester), NY.  We'll be discussing how genetics can inform yourself about your Jewish history, what you can (and cannot) learn about your relatives using genetic genealogy, and health implications that can be uncovered with genetic testing.  Information is here.

So I hope to see you either in person or online--or both!

You can now like my page on Facebook:


or .

Want to get future blog posts emailed to you automatically?
Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment