Thursday, November 24, 2016

Kreina Dimant Mazurik--Another Tidbit

Back in 2013, I wrote a short post about my grandfather's sister Kreina.  I wrote the little I knew about her--that she was born about 1916, that she married (to David Mazurik) and had a child (Rivka), and that she was killed in the Holocaust, as were her husband and daughter.

Turns out even the little bit I knew wasn't entirely correct--she was actually born in 1915.

Birth Record of Krejna Diment, 1915

"Krejna" was born in July 1915 to "Abram Hersz Diment" and "Civja Zutelman."  She was born in "Biskupicsach" (today Berezhanka--which I visited in September and you can read about here) in Czaruków Gmina, Luck Powiat.

For a great aunt about whom we knew little, this is another bit of information to add.

(And shout out to my sister who is named for Kreina--now I'll see if you actually read my blog!)

Note:  I'm on Twitter.  Follow me (@larasgenealogy).

Want to get future blog posts emailed to you automatically?
Enter your email address:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the memory of Kreina and her family

    ReplyDelete