Thursday, July 12, 2018

IAJGS2018 in Warsaw!

IAJGS2018 is coming up in just under a month.  This year it's in Warsaw, and I'll be presenting and mentoring.  If you're a regular blog member who will be attending, please come by and say hi!

Here's where and when I'll be speaking:

Monday, August 6
On Monday at 9:15AM, I'll be talking about endogamy and how you can have success despite how it complicates genetic genealogy.  This talk will be available On Demand as well.  (This is an updated version of a talk I gave at IAJGS2017.)

Tuesday, August 7
On Tuesday, from 11:30-1:30PM, I'll be at the JewishGen mentoring table.  Come on over and get guidance on how to direct your research, particularly in Subcarpathian Ukraine.

Wednesday, August8
My Wednesday will be crazy.
  • On Wednesday at 8AM, I'll be talking about some of the recent work that JewishGen's Subcarpathia SIG has done.
  • At 9:15, I'll be back at the JewishGen mentoring table.
  • Then at noon, I'm speaking about my 2016 trip to Ukraine during the Ukraine SIG luncheon.
  • At 1:30, I'm giving a new talk, Reconstructing Rutners.  I'm really excited about this talk which shows how I used multiple record sets from numerous countries to reconstruct a large family.
I'm getting some travel in on either end with stops in Helsinki, Tallinn and Krakow.  I'll hopefully be blogging from the conference, so keep an eye out for the latest and greatest in Jewish genealogy!

Want to get future blog posts emailed to you automatically?
Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment